Monday, May 08, 2006

It's Moments Like These

Improv Everywhere infiltrates Best Buy

Extremely excellent. Glorious. Makes me proud to be an American, where national paranoia and uncontrolled consumption of high dollar electronics make events like this possible.

I have some suspicion that my friend Trouble won't like this as much as I do, because she's a conservative, and conservatives don't like people who don't follow the rules, who shake things up for the sake of shaking them up...unless those people are President Bush. Ha! Or, you know, soldiers or cops or whatever. Rumsfeld. People with guns? Seriously though, skip over her politics and read about her personal life. When she goes digging into her past, she comes up with some truly beautiful things, tells some excellent stories, and shows what a remarkable person she really is.

Anyway, that's all I have tonight. I ran out of poetry and my brain is offkilter, scattered and weird. I thought about quoting some of the things I said to people, ideas that were haunting me, divorced from their cerebral context. I decided that I prefered them as they were, free floating, living or dying according to their importance to the listener. Things are more beautiful when they can die. There's a thought for art, religion and relationships.

Goodnight.

3 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, Blogger Trouble said...

Flattery will get you everywhere, darling. ;)

about death...it is the very impermanence of things that makes them more valuable, to me. Being agnostic, as i am, the idea that I won't have an eternity to make up for not really loving people here on earth is a sobering thing, and makes me want to cherish the moments, rather than taking them for granted.

 
At 5:37 AM, Blogger Trouble said...

By the way, I'm far more oppositional in personality than you think I am....I enjoyed the hell out of the corporate paranoia of the Best Buy managers. hilarious!

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Arthur Mundane said...

Hurray!

"It's the Thomas Crown Affair!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home