Tuesday, April 25, 2006

If a man can love a robot, why shouldn't a robot be able to love him back?

The Perfect Partner
Or
You can’t dance because you are made out of meat.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

She likes to waltz
but she can thrash with the best of them.
She is never embarassed
to dance in public
and she never puts a foot wrong.

Any fool can program a robot
that knows how to dance
but she can understand
and appreciate
music.

I have built
the most superb dancer,
the perfect partner.

When I watch her dance
at a club, gliding through the crowd,
shining, brilliant, better than any of those
bumbling meatsacks on the floor,
I start to wonder if it’s possible
to design a robot that could love.

And when I dance with her,
I am perfect. I look into her
eyes, their light reflecting
in the lenses of my glasses
and I realize that anything is possible:

I am a genius.

* * *
He dances
All wrong.

He leads and
I follow,
perfect like
clockwork I
twirl to the
music of
the human
band.

My partner,
creator,
is slower
than I am
and his mo-
tions are lack-
ing in grace.

I wish he
would leave me
so I could
be perfect
dancing by
myself all
alone.

3 Comments:

At 7:15 AM, Blogger Trouble said...

Wow...that is REALLy interesting. I like the sci fi twist your poems have. :)

Yes, I r a g33k.

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Arthur Mundane said...

You're only half a geek. I want you to go pick up some Dragonlance books at the library and read through those. Maybe mix it up with some Star Wars fiction. There will be a quiz afterward.

I suspect you'll still secretly long to date the captain of the football team.

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger Trouble said...

I did date the captain of the football team. He was terrible in bed. I'll happily stick with my nerd boy. ;)

big...brains, you know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home