Friday, April 21, 2006

Misanthrope poems.

Two poems today. Twoave'm.
*
Two short poems linked by theme
or
I am a misanthrope in the morning


I don’t have a sacred place.

I seek refuge opportunistically.
I look for places that are sacred
just for the moment
That I need them.

And the rest of the time,
I just imagine places
That I’d rather be.

*
The most sacred place
To me
Is whatever place
Is farthest away
From you.

****
I'm also reposting Poem #4 for your pleasure.
*
Death to Lovers!
Or
Every time two people fall in love, God picks apart a butterfly

Every time I see
A pair of lovers
Walking arm in arm
Or hand in hand,
I steal a child’s balloon
And pop it.

And even if it’s out of my way,
If I see two lovers
Lingering under a street light
Kissing,
I kick a puppy.
Hard.

It’s about balance.

Your arms, entwining each other as,
Eyes half closed,
You sigh each others’ names,
Are the reason
That I’m killing this kitten.

I set the minivan on fire
Because
You actually went down on one knee
To give her the ring
You disgusting creep.

Don’t doubt my commitment
To balance.

The smell
Of your hair
Used to destroy me.

And I hope that he’ll realize
As I use this tire iron
To destroy
His knee
That this
Is about
Balance.

***
I'm supposed to revise these, but I really don't know what to change. If you have any suggestions, let me know.

2 Comments:

At 7:21 AM, Blogger Trouble said...

Okay, poem number one...i don't get the point of it being two poems, when really it's one. The only problem is that you haven't established a bridge between the first section and the section one, but one exists there. You just have to find it.

The second poem is perfect, brilliant, and utterly amazing.

I bow before your verbal greatness.

 
At 10:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have always loved the way you use words.

And I especially love the second poem. A lot. Abundantly so.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home