Tuesday, February 08, 2005

He woke up one morning and realized that he had to be at his job at the SPACE STATION

Right as I go to bed, I'm occasionally struck with brilliant ideas. I'm sure it says something about my psychology that I come up with my best ideas at the precise moment that I'm least willing to sit and write them down. Anyhow, a few nights ago, my brilliant idea was what is sure to be the next movement in avant-garde literature:

Deliberatly bad writing.

Poorly conceived poetry and borderline incoherent short fiction. Writing with a complete disregard for good grammar, proper spelling, or appropriate style. I'm thinking there's something there.

I may give more thoughts on this later. My room mate is watching @#*$ing Access Hollywood or something and my brain power is almost entirely devoted to defending itself from the damaging Stupid rays that the show emits. Right now I'm interested in your thoughts. So

Thoughts?

4 Comments:

At 7:51 AM, Blogger Trouble said...

My best ideas always come to me when I'm either naked in the shower first thing in the morning, or when I'm driving my car during rush hour.

and, didn't faulkner and e.e. cummings already have that idea?

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Steer Pike Pie said...

Faulkner was not bad writing.

But Mundane, I am amazed at your ability. Keep up the bad work!

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Arthur Mundane said...

I suppose they did, more or less. There is nothing new under the sun.

Thank you, Pikey. It's nice of you to notice.

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Steer Pike Pie said...

No problem, Mundy. I feel it is my calling in life to notice things.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home