Friday, November 18, 2005

Progress Report

The novel is going badly, and I am feeling discouraged. Tonight is the night for grim determination, however, as I drive to catch up by some 12,000 words by the end of the weekend. And that's just to meet my end of the month 50,000 word deadline. I've hit some rough spots, spots that bored the hell out of me, and I've realized that my story as it stands right now would never make a novel. It needs more planning out, more thinking through, before it can be a coherent story, with a beginning and an end. That's not what NaNoWriMo is about, however. It's about plowing through. So I'm going to do that, at least until the end of November. Then maybe I'll work on something else. Something better.

Also, I haven't shaved in days. It's itchy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home